Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Los Angeles Apartment Elevator Failure

XVIII CABRERIZOS LEAGUE CROSS OF ESCONDIDO

"EN SALAMANCA learn from all"
The title phrase is Gonzalo Torrente Ballester, in his book Don Juan. Resume
well I've done this weekend in Salamanca.
My friend Pedro Luis Castilla had encouraged to participate in this league a long cross, and at last I decided to go. The truth is that if you are 18 years organizing these cross some know the subject.


Cabrerizos is a village (bedroom) near Salamanca where the association of veteran athletes Salamanca League organizes a cross with 5 tests each year. The distances vary between 7 and 10 km depending on the schedule.
What is more surprising to those who come from Extremadura is the high number of participants (about 500 in each test), when cross here are rather elitist and rarely exceed 100 riders.


The tour is another thing that I liked, no quasi-flat circuit, and closed enbarrados are suitable only for those who are with tacos. Here is run by the Castilian plateau, where the wind shakes with desire (at least on Sunday) and the slopes are long and hard over the final hill a mile up from the Riviera del Tormes is typical of a mountain race.


Magnifico
environment by the way, will soon be declared a Natural Park of the Riveras del Tormes, so go out there and enjoy it before they do the masses.
Some data in this league cross sobering: Participation in the 5 cross costs only 5 euros. The number of women participating in all tests exceeded 10%.


RUN home and among friends
The feeling of returning to run for the land where I did 20 years ago I liked running, sometimes I forget that perhaps here is my home. What is not forgotten here is that I still have friends, some old and some new.
fingerlings and donkeys. Mirobrigenses.
Cáceres marathon. Bermejo.

And the result, because as always, 43 minutes to just over 9 km seem bad brand, but they are not.
As I said the first part with a headwind that prevented running fast (just a mile run to 4 minutes) and end with a good hard that I choked, as the majority.
Also, my lack of experience in testing short (only had made another cross in my life) brings out too relaxed and here are the first few miles to warm up. Reaching
goal I realized that I knew little, the next time (that will) I will demand more.


The final point of a career that has something special says that in the Plaza have put a churros, the race has just caught the churritos and enjoy with family (in my case with the pleasant conmpañía of my hosts: Epi, Geli and Ruben). THIS IS
CASTILLA, HOW THINGS HAVE TO BE.


PD I have to congratulate on her good marks for my comrade Jesus Manuel Bermejo, to 33.30. (10 in class).

0 comments:

Post a Comment