Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Is It Bad To Smoke 1 Pipe A Day

Navalmoral Valdehúncar-ATHLETES OF LEGEND

MI SAN SILVESTRE PARTICULAR
On Sunday 19 December was a good day to run. I do not like the end of the sporting year with the San Silvestre botched Caceres, run only by children but is a test I dislike, so this Sunday, December 19, I held my own San Silvestre.
Navalmoral I went with 35 other fellow club members, plus the regular customers. The day did not start very well because I sounded the alarm, the rest of the morning we went Justito of time, which some of my compis of day makes them more nervous than me. Caught the last bus of the organization to move to the small town of Valdehúncar. They had a very nice, with people running out of change, warming coffee etc. .. Taking the MEND.
The race started at 11, just a few minutes before from one of the corrals near a turkey could be heard singing. That post more Christmas!.
La Carerra passed in their first 3 km of roads quite muddy (or not), he turned to go through Valdehúncar and continued by road to Millanes.
The first 6-7 km poked up, but then it was down to Navalmoral, 4 km over the flat end of the town.
aid stations in some of the Santas waiting for us (and Mom), details of good taste, which together with the many members of the organization bike behind us we did not miss anything during the test.
Personally, since as the year (as all years), I slowly for the first 5 km, almost to 4.50, then started to accelerate to go down to 4.30 and a favorable km below 4. On km 10 I joined a group of 5 riders (including my partner Luis Doncel) with comfortable and ended up going with them. For 1 h was 37, and in my last half.

But actually took me a minute and in the streets of Navalmoral and made 1 h 38. And I was a lot of time ahead, had food in Plasencia, of course Christmas lunch.
After a cold shower in the Marist College (which I expected of my beloved Marist, hehe), I went to the awards ceremony in the Multipurpose (Plaza de Toros cover) where my companion picked up his usual Barquilla Paco Award . We gobbled some nice warm tenderloin sandwiches, beers, fruit, yogurt, etc. .. Very good organization and an excellent runner's bag, with gloves, long technical shirt, hat technique ...

The day ended Plasencia road accompanied by my friend Felix Pulido, while we were short of the nth year amateur distance runners, which obviously have not improved at all but I enjoyed it.

The Plasencia Azar hotel, which officially started my Christmas festivities, I turned to find the turkey, this time at the table. And it reminded me so much for the friends and those who are not, it is always moving: Happy holidays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment