Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Brookstone Helicopter Issues

run my first 10k run.

ago and one year, I started running (and walking) to lose a few pounds more than I had. I started running and walking intermittently 3 or 4 times per week, completing each time between 2 and 6 miles. One day a friend and his wife who runs 10k pushed me to run the San Fernando 10k, runs one of the most important international Uruguay which runs the 6 January. At that point we were a little over a month of the event and I remember being told "If you run 6km, runs 10 to laughter." Does not need anything else for that month and started to step up "my training", and pointing to something real that was the challenge of running the 10k.
For more than 41 years and I have soccer all my life I always had problems with my knees (I was even ligament surgery on right) which made the challenge even bigger.
One day before the race we went on a "honeymoon" with my wife Piriápolis (leaving the Gurises with grandma), we beach despite the recommendations of more experienced riders that was not much sun .
Finally came the day of the race, we got up around 10, we left the hotel and at noon we were ready for lunch. I ordered the waiter a succulent dish of noodles with reference to the suggestion: the day of the race you have to eat pasta that will provide the carbohydrates necessary for the race. Doing everything at face value, ingesting enough water and ice cream for dessert we went to Punta del Este where was the race. We arrived at the start and we meet the friend who had encouraged me to run. Despite missing two hours to the start and is worth the effort of preparation, to see hundreds or thousands of riders and passengers of all ages, sex and weight were in the environment. Without having started warming up, but with full dress and the chip placed on the shoe lace, sweating as if in the middle of the race, a little by nerves and the other by how hot it was on that January afternoon . We
warming and a half hour before the start we had to place among the more than 5000 athletes that we were to leave. Began the countdown of 10 seconds and finally we took the road. To start a nice ledge where we saw plenty of the former as they climbed the hill. The first blocks were quite difficult because all I wanted to spend and ligabas occasional nudge. Later and had cleared the track a bit and was experiencing mixed feelings: disappointment when I spent a veteran as a post or motivation when passing
some "skinny bastard."

Luckily the people who were on the sides encouraged us, and though it was my first time I could enjoy the scenery from the coastline of Punta del Este as he ran. Missing and wondered how little remained for the truth is he was tired solidarity and told me we missing a half ky. It took me forever but when I agree to the distance we could see the arc arrival.
I spent the goal when the clock showed 56 minutes and I was really excited when the crowd saw my wife and my friend yelled.
Then I realized I had met myself and have to run 10k would be something that would make me feel good. Finally we find other runners from my pay and I "spent" when told of the succulent dish of noodles that had eaten at noon. At that time I learned that carbohydrates the day of the race is "without tuco."

0 comments:

Post a Comment