Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Swollen Tongue Sore Neck

ABN AMRO Rotterdam Marathon - 2011 - You choose

I had to try (Rotterdam 2011) - Peri
was clear, after almost 3 months of training and with the feelings of the past two weeks had no doubt that he would try the 3:30. I knew what I was exposing myself, I had not lived in my own meat for my first marathon in Berlin, but was warned and if it went well I waited a few miles of suffering.
The first 5 km were better than expected because despite the mass exodus, the average was 5:08 so I decided to make in the next 5 km to go on the average that I had proposed . Before arriving at km 10 we caught (Jose Miguel and me) at 3:30 globe, from Hence to maintain the "cruising speed" should be sufficient. Well. On reaching the half marathon wore 1:45:14 (fixed!) But began to not be feeling too good, in fact, at km 23 I had to take the first of the two gels that had for 25 and 35. Shortly before 25 we climbed the Erasmus bridge a second time with a headwind that was hard and there by 28 I decided to slow down, leaving the balloon and take the second gel. The average of 30 to 35 was already 5:35 and from that point until the end really had to suffer even to walk in the provisioning points and some more. At the final 3:42, could not be.
If I said I'm happy because I reached the finish line and I dropped my brand in 8 minutes lie but I'm not sad or depressed.
I am absolutely convinced that the preparation has been adequate and that was perfectly achievable objective, but as sure have heard many times, the marathon is so well prepared to elite has to retire sometime. I'm already thinking about London 2012 ....
I would like to end by thanking the Depa Sergeant invaluable both technical and psychological support during this time. It was a real class and I hope that he still wanted and patience to repeat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment